Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Things to add to November!

Oops, I didn't do this last night when I was meaning to! Oh no, the whole month scheme of my blog is now messed up. Well, I guess that is ok.

More stories from November! Somewhere in the first little bit of November, my last host mother took me and my friend Cindy to "de Eftelling", a dutch fairytale park that is essentially dutch Disney Land. Ohmygoodnesssomuchfun! Really, it was amazing! We skipped a day of school together, so there were not many people at the park, and none of the rides had line ups. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee! There were so many cool things there - if you're ever in Holland and have an extra day to fill, go to de Eftelling!





And here's a kind of fantastic picture from one of the more modern museums we visited in Den Haag.


And also in Den Haag, I got to watch the Sinterklaas parade where Sinterklaas and all his Zwarte Piets come in from the harbor to get ready for Dec. 5th. Sooo cool! And that same day we all walked down on the beach and on this big boardwalk thing that came out of the beach and over the ocean... great day!
I really should've used tumblr for this blog instead of blogspot. Putting pictures on here just took me an hour. Haha enjoy them!

P.s. I did my rotary presentation today! All in dutch, I was so happy that I made it through without choking on a scary "Gkh" or an equally scary "ij" sound. I love rotarians, I got the funniest questions afterwards. My personal favorites? (I was displaying a map of Canada at the time) "Can you show me on the map where that Sarah Palin lady in your government is from?" and.. well this one requires a bit of explaining. Every week there is a wine lottery at my rotary club, where one member brings a bottle of wine and everyone who wants to buys a lottery ticket for one or two euro and then someone wins at the end of the night. Because I was doing my presentation tonight, I arranged to bring a bottle of Maple Syrup for the lottery. I explained what it was, and then I gave it to a very bemused winner, who after several minutes of closely inspecting the bottle asked me "What is the alcohol content of this?Is it seriously 100%?"
Nope. That sticker says 100% Maple Syrup. No alcohol... sorry.
Rotary meetings are so much fun!

Tot zo,
I'll write about Decembery things as they happen!
:)
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment