Thursday, December 2, 2010

Decembery things.

Hi!
Today's will be a short one - just a couple quick things to share.

First: Biking on ice.

Biking on ice and seeing people bike on ice is absolutely hilarious. I think that Icebiking should be the extreme sport of the netherlands. Picture it, if you will; 25 children all wrapped up in scarves and hats and mittens, biking very slowly to school in one big group. They've all got road bikes, the ones with the skinny little tires and not much grip. The first kid falls down.

Haha that happened on the way to school today, and even though everyone was moving really slowly, no one could stay upright! It was a slow motion pileup.
First kid: Ohh nooooooooooooo....... bonk
Second kid: oh NOOOOOOO bonk bonk
Third to 24th kids: AUUUUUUUGGGGGHH bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk bonk skiiiid.
the very last kid saw the pileup, and tried to go around it, but his vision was impaired by all the scarves he was wearing and he biked straight into a streetlight.

If that's not a good way to start the morning, I don't know what is! I'm still laughing even just writing it down.

In other news, I got accepted to college today!! YAY! When I was a little kid, I used to think about where and who I'd be the day i'd get the letter saying whether I got in to college or not. I tried to picture what my life would look like when I was that (gasp!) old! It seems crazy to me that I'm not home to open it - who've thought I'd be off on an adventure?

:D 'till later!
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment